Local Activities and SuppliersThe Manor of Hurst has a team of fantastic businesses that can cater for, and entertain, you and you guests for just about any event!
- Stunning tents 0118 380 5590 www.stunningtents.co.uk Magnificent tents which look glorious in our setting.
- Harlequin Marquee Hire 01189 785383 www.hmhire.co.uk Traditional and Harem Nights style -very local, knows The Manor well. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time Marquees, Robert Christmas 01189 736444 www.time-marquees.co.uk Excellent quality Marquee hire across the south of England. Fabulous clear roofs look amazing next to the house.
- Hurst Farms email@example.com 07730922411. Country style flowers for marquees, tree hire, country props, straw bales supplied and removed. Arrangements or just flowers supplied. @hurst_farms Instagram
- Julia Curnow. Our preferred, local florist, Julia, is able to design and create any floral decorations you could wish for. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexis Jaworski Photography www.alexisjaworski.com – multiple award photographer, named as one of the top 100 best wedding photographers worldwide by the wedding photographers society.
Flame BBQ was born from love of good food and fire. Our open fire cooking experience will deliver wow effect to your party. From Hog roasts served buffet style to a Luxury BBQ served on a sharing platter to the tables by our staff. We cover it all. Our Rustic Barrel Bar is a perfect addition to marquee Weddings. Based in Hurst.
Edible Food Design
Their menus provide something for everyone and they are happy to design a bespoke menu for individual occasions.
Edible Food Design caters for all events including canapé parties, lunch and dinner parties, breakfasts, weddings, christenings, hen and stag parties and more.
Contact: Sophie Douglas Bate
Tel. +44 (0)207 223 8023
Suggested Things to Do
- Courses such as Painting furniture workshops as well as other workshops based on the Estate. email@example.com 07852 000678
- Yoga in our heated yoga studio or on the lawns. Ffion Sprigings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vintage tea parties from £35 per head, and other activities. www.sundaesurprise.co.uk Her tea parties on the terrace have been just gorgeous.
- Bespoke murder mysteries Smoke and Mirrors. 07775797859 www.hauntedmysteryweekend.co.uk email@example.com Very professional and a huge success every time
- Wine tasting at Stanlake Vineyard – They can arrange a variety of wine tasting events and are less than 2 miles from us, a nice walk along footpaths and road. www.stanlakepark.com
- Thames Valley Wine School run wine courses at the house. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Drawing. Eve at Hens with Pens email@example.com
Never drawn before? Don’t worry, as your tutor is on hand with some gentle guidance, plus some games to keep things interesting.
Charleston Dance & Vintage Hen Parties offers vintage dance classes, vintage hair and make up, and other vintage activities for glamorous grown ups. Live life in your favourite era for the day!– Great fun for hen parties, birthday parties, and family groups wanting something a little different to do during their stay.Activities for groups. Choose from:
Contact us to book any one activity, or we can put together a day of activities that suits you.
- 1920s Charleston Dance Class
- 1940s Swing Era Dance Class
- 1950s Dance Class
- Vintage Musicals Dance Class (learn a dance routine to the musical number of your choice!)
- Vintage Musicals Singing Class
- Vintage and retro hair and make up for your whole party – any era from 1920s – 1980s!
- Vintage etiquette class
- Vintage tea parties.
- Vintage jazz piano during your afternoon tea or dinner, for that extra special atmosphere.
- Vintage Photoshoots.
- Our in house spa team Blossom and Jasmine firstname.lastname@example.org
Gowith-theflo paddle boarding
Nick Judd 07808 294344
- Longridge Activity Centre, Longridge-Marlow-Bucks Land and Water Activities http://www.alfvillages.org.uk
- Walks, mini golf, water sports, kayak rental/sailboat rental– less than 1 mile, an easy walk from the house Dinton Pastures Country Park offers 450 acres of lakes, rivers, meadows, and woodland,
- Riding in Windsor Great Park is a treat. www.windsor.gov.uk/things-to-do/windsor-great-park-p236491
- Lands End Stables in Hurst 01189 341 367. www.landsendequestriancentre.co.uk
- Nirvana Spa located in Winnersh, 2 miles from The Manor. Day passes are available by prior arrangement www.nirvanaspa.co.uk
- Boating on the Thames. This is a wonderful day out and there are many places to rent boats in Henley, Windsor and Maidenhead:
- Hot Tub Oxford Hot Tubs Tel: 07803 078033 email@example.com
- More of our suggested activities upon request
- A very easy walk from the house.
- Village shop supplies all basics with a Post Office and is open from 6:30am -9pm.
- The Castle Pub: www.castlehurst.co.uk 0118 9340034 The Castle is adjacent to our land (5 minute walk) and it serves fabulous food. They have a private dining room to fit most groups or just book a table in the main restaurant. They always look after our guests extremely well.
- Dinner theater at Sonning. www.millatsonning.com RG4 6TY
- The Beehive, White Waltham, Maidenhead, SL6 3SH 01628 822 877 Absolutely fabulous food by a Michelin starred chef. 13 minutes from here by car – 5.4 miles. Highly recommended! www.thebeehivewhitewaltham.com
- Fat Duck and The Hinds Head are in Bray, 9 miles from here, 20 minutes.
- Indian Delivered, set up and served by a waiter in the Manor. Haweli www.hawelitwyford.co.uk
- Pizza delivery: Dominos and Just Eat now covering our area.
- Bicester Village is less than an hour by car.
- Oracle Reading
Castles and Stately Homes
- Windsor Castle www.royalcollection.org.uk
- Cliveden in Taplow Berkshire www.clivedenhouse.co.uk a National Trust property and hotel
- Stonor House and Park, one of Englands oldest manor houses, situated in one of the most beautiful settings. Owned by the same family for 850 years. www.stonor.com
- Blenheim Palace 1 hour 18 minutes, 53 miles www.blenheimpalace.com
- Henley-on-Thames, Reading and Windsor have a variety of nightspots where our guests have had wonderful evenings.
What People are Saying
“A wonderful way to start married life”
"We had so many compliments on the stunning venue and how they enjoyed themselves"
Fiona & John, June 2019
“we loved staying in the Manor”
"everyone commented on what a beautiful setting it was for the garden party "
Sarah & Adam, July 2018
“You genuinely went above and beyond”
"I’m truly grateful. Your attention to detail, organization skills, and clever chronological prompting of our side of the to do list were amazing"
Virginia, Nov 2019
"would 100% recommend to others"
"Thank you so much again for our stay at the beautiful manor. We had the best time"
Eleanor, October 2019
Please get in touch to discuss your event
Please contact us using the form
or call us on
07730 922 411