- A very easy walk from the house.
- Hurst Bakery- 01189 341 941 Do a curry delivery service in the evening.
- Village shop supplies all basics with a Post Office and is open from 6:30am -9pm
Suggested Things to Do
- Courses such as Painting furniture workshops as well as other workshops based on the Estate. email@example.com 07852 000678
- Yoga in our heated yoga studio or on the lawns Ffion Sprigings firstname.lastname@example.org
Charleston Dance & Vintage Hen Parties offers vintage dance classes, vintage hair and make up, and other vintage activities for glamorous grown ups. Live life in your favourite era for the day!
– Great fun for hen parties, birthday parties, and family groups wanting something a little different to do during their stay.
Activities for groups. Choose from:
- 1920s Charleston Dance Class
- 1940s Swing Era Dance Class
- 1950s Dance Class
- Vintage Musicals Dance Class (learn a dance routine to the musical number of your choice!)
- Vintage Musicals Singing Class (sing a medley from your favourite musical in 3 – 5 minutes, in harmony with your friends!)
- Vintage and retro hair and make up for your whole party – any era from 1920s – 1980s! 1940s and 50s are very popular for that classic vintage look.
- Vintage etiquette class (tongue in cheek fun, learning to walk, drink tea and sit correctly and including the do’s and don’ts of married life).
- Vintage tea parties.
- Vintage jazz piano during your afternoon tea or dinner, for that extra special atmosphere.
- Vintage Photoshoots.
Contact us to book any one activity, or we can put together a day of activities that suits you.
- Longridge Activity Centre, Longridge-Marlow-Bucks Land and Water Activities http://www.alfvillages.org.ukwww.alfvillages.org.uk
- Walks, mini golf, water sports, kayak rental/sailboat rental– less than 1 mile, an easy walk from the house Dinton Pastures Country Park offers 450 acres of lakes, rivers, meadows, and woodland,
- Riding in Windsor Great Park is a treat. www.windsor.gov.uk/things-to-do/windsor-great-park-p236491
- Lands End Stables in Hurst who cater for all levels of rider. www.landsendequestriancentre.co.uk 01189 341 367
- Our in house spa team Blossom and Jasmine email@example.com
- Nirvana Spa located in Winnersh, 2 miles from The Manor. Day passes are available by prior arrangement www.nirvana.com
- Boating on the Thames. This is a wonderful day out and there are many places to rent boats in Henley, Windsor and Maindenhead:
- Wine tasting at Stanlake Vineyard – They can arrange a variety of wine tasting events and are less than 2 miles from us. www.stanlakepark.com
- More of our suggested activities upon request
- Our in house caterers can take care of your event, anything from dinner in the dining room, to a BBQ on the terrace to a wedding for 200.
Louis’ Home Cooking
Bespoke catering for all occasions, from dinner parties to small functions, hen parties to afternoon teas, breakfasts to barbecues and pig roasts. Homemade with love and passion, using the freshest and most local ingredients possible. Based just a stone’s throw from Manor of Hurst
Penny knows the kitchen well and will liaise with you regarding menus, prices and the like. She comes with a very efficient team for serving. She makes everything herself and uses local ingredients. firstname.lastname@example.org
01628 313334 www.sojokitchen.com
Boutique event catering and design. They cater for weddings, dinner parties, drinks receptions, corporate events, gourmet bbqs and private parties.
01273 550524 Great for Weddings
- The Castle Pub: www.castle.com 0118 9340034 The Castle is adjacent to our land (5 minute walk) and it serves fabulous food. They have a private dining room to fit most groups or just book a table in the main restaurant. They always look after our guests extremely well.
- Dinner theater at Sonning. www.millatsonning.com RG4 6TY
- The Beehive, White Waltham, Maidenhead, SL6 3SH 01628 822 877 Absolutely fabulous food by a Michelin starred chef. 13 minutes from here by car – 5.4 miles. Highly recommended! www.thebeehivewhitewaltham.com
- Fat Duck and The Hinds Head are in Bray, 9 miles from here, 20 minutes.
- Indian : Delivered , set up and served by a waiter in the Manor, Haweli Twyford www.hawelitwyford.co.uk
- Delivered Indian, www.hurstcatering.com. Our local bakery which does a delivery service in the evenings.
- Pizza delivery: Dominos and most food delivery companies now covering our area.
- Bicester Village is less than an hour by car.
- Oracle Reading
Castles and Stately Homes
- Henley-on-Thames, Reading and Windsor have a variety of nightspots where our guests have had wonderful evenings.
- Stunning tents 01256 882114 www.stunningtents.co.uk Magnificent tents which look glorious in our setting
- Harlequin Marquee Hire 01189 785383 www.hmhire.co.uk very local, knows The Manor well.
- Time Marquees, Robert Christmas 01189736444 www.time-marquees.co.uk Fabulous clear roofs look amazing next to the house
- Hurst Farms 07730922411.
- Flowers for marquees, trees, entrance arch, country props, straw bales supplied and removed. Arrangements or just flowers supplied.
- MOBILE LOOS
- MOBILE REFRIGERATION
- Alexis Jaworski Photography www.alexisjaworski.com – multiple award photographer, named as one of the top 100 best wedding photographers worldwide by the wedding photographers society.