The HouseThe Manor of Hurst is a lovely Elizabethan style manor house set in 40 acres of parkland, offering total seclusion and privacy yet within easy reach of London
About The House
The Manor of Hurst is a lovely Elizabethan style manor house set in 40 acres of parkland, offering total seclusion and privacy yet within easy reach of London by both road and rail. The Manor has a beautiful York stone, south facing terrace with glorious views over the gardens and park, various areas with garden furniture and a gas BBQ, leading on to the walled outdoor swimming pool lined with white roses most of the summer. The perfect place for private and corporate events- intimate house parties, family reunions, hen and stag parties, lovely weddings.
The house sleeps up to 23 in beds (more by arrangement) in up to 7 bedrooms and 6 bath/shower rooms. A fantastic place to celebrate a special occasion, host a wedding reception, a glamourous luxury hen party, or to use as a base for Henley Royal Regatta, Royal Ascot, Red Bull Air Race and Henley, Rewind and Reading festivals.
Sitting in the centre of 40 acres of gardens and park in a quiet village between Wokingham and Twyford in Berkshire, the property is very secluded and very private. The Manor was extensively renovated and is furnished to a very high standard.
- Downstairs you enter into the galleried entry hall, which leads onto the terrace and onto a large, fully equipped kitchen with an Aga as well as an electric hob and oven. The eating area in the kitchen seats 12, a 16th C. paneled dining room with flexible seating options that can seat up to 30, a large and cosy sitting room with an open fire, which opens up onto the terrace.
- Sky TV, Karaoke, a Panasonic sound system and a PlayStation are available in the sitting room. Wi-Fi throughout house
- DVD player and stereos.
Upstairs there are 7 bedrooms spread over 2 floors – 1 California king with en-suite bathroom.
2 single bedrooms en-suite, a bunk room which shares a bathroom right next door, a king and 2 doubles, a futon room with a king and up to 3 singles with shared bathrooms and two separate shower rooms along a hall.
- Large table and chairs under a pergola, as well as other tables and chairs on the York stone terrace.
- Gas BBQ
- Fire Pit
- Large lawn area off terrace suitable for croquet, games, dance classes and the like.
Pool & Pool House
Immediately outside the back door, there is a heated pool* (summer months only-15 April to 10 October) with an accompanying pool house with 2 fridge freezers, sink area and sauna.
The pool house can:
- Seat 40+ for dinner or,
- Be used as a gym for yoga/fitness studio
- Be used as a conference room
- Table tennis area
The gardens are extensive and include an orchard, ponds, chickens, ducks, horses and seasonally cows, sheep and pigs.
*Note – As we have a pool and various un-fenced ponds, full prior arrangements must be made for guests under 12 years.
- Large area of secure parking for up to 20 cars outside house. Further parking by arrangement for large receptions for up to 200 cars just off the lawns.
- Unfortunately there is no disabled access.
- Exclusive use of house and grounds
- Sleeps 23 in beds. More by arrangement.
- All bedding, linens, pool towels and utilities (except land line telephone)
- BBQ – gas supplied.
- One basket of logs- more are available on site.
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchen has an Aga and an electric oven and hob, and is fully equipped with crockery, utensils, tea towels and other cooking/serving implements and there is a dishwasher.
- Smoking is permitted outside only
- Fire extinguishers available throughout the house. Fire alarms and smoke detectors are in place in accordance with regulations.
Check-in Procedure for a 2 night stay
- Check in is from 3 pm on arrival day. We will show you how the house works, and from there you can make yourselves at home. We ask that you share this information with your other guests and ask them to read the house rules and information in each room.
- There is someone discreetly on site at all times who can help with any house problems/queries.
- Check out time is 12 pm on day of departure.
- Internet shopping can be delivered to the house after your arrival.
What People are Saying
“A wonderful way to start married life”
"We had so many compliments on the stunning venue and how they enjoyed themselves"
Fiona & John, June 2019
“we loved staying in the Manor”
"everyone commented on what a beautiful setting it was for the garden party "
Sarah & Adam, July 2018
“You genuinely went above and beyond”
"I’m truly grateful. Your attention to detail, organization skills, and clever chronological prompting of our side of the to do list were amazing"
Virginia, Nov 2019
"would 100% recommend to others"
"Thank you so much again for our stay at the beautiful manor. We had the best time"
Eleanor, October 2019
Please get in touch to discuss your event
Please contact us using the form
or call us on
07730 922 411